Ratepayers Association of the ACT Inc.
The Ratepayers Association of the ACT Incorporated is a non-profit voluntary organisation which involves itself with matters concerning ACT residential ratepayers since 1991.
Our biggest current issues
1. General Rates & Land Tax - Massive increases for owners & tenants
Lies ,lies and more lies and more to come...…..
- Massive increases in rates whilst stamp duty receipts continue to increase
- Revenue neutrality has been a lie from day one
- It's about raising revenue only, pure & simple
- Who said "We only want to squeeze you till you bleed but not until you die"
- Who is making good and squeezing to you die ? Bar none ?
2. Tenancy law changes a disaster for tenants
Tenants to suffer significantly more as rental market supply collapses
- "Rent control" "The best way to destroy a city apart from bombing" *
- Most of the numerous changes are out of touch, misguided, amateurish,
and most of all totally counterproductive …. "even stronger reforms" are on the way..*…..
* ACT Attorney General Ramsay
What can be done about these issues ?
1. Write to your local MLA expressing your views
2. Join our supporters mailing list
3. Think carefully about who you vote for in our next ACT election
Both property owners and tenants alike have suffered far too long under the ACT
governments revenue lies, and tenancy law changes
What do you think ? - let us know - join our mailing list